SearchCap: Google With Twitter Stream, AdWords Sneak Peek & Google Play Promo
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Top 10 Insights On Local Search & Marketing From The Experts At LSA 15
Columnist Wesley Young recaps some of the biggest takeaways from the 2015 Local Search Association Conference.
- Google Play Gets “May The Fourth Be With You” Home Page Link On Star Wars Day
The streaming service could benefit big from the prominent Star Wars Day link on Google.com.
- Sneak Peek Into AdWords’ New Multidimensional Reports
Google has begun rolling out its new Report Editor to AdWords accounts, but very few advertisers have access to this feature yet. Luckily, columnist Susan Waldes is among them and has decided to share her findings here!
- Local Search Marketers: 83% Of SEOs Believe Focusing On Reviews Delivers Good ROI
Columnist Myles Anderson explores insights gleaned from a recent BrightLocal webinar on reviews and reputation management for local business marketers.
- Google Confirms New Experiment With Twitter In Search Results
Google is expected to begin showing Twitter content in search this month, is this a screen shot of tweets in Google’s mobile search results?
- Who Invented The Piano? Google Doodle Celebrates Bartolomeo Cristofori’s 360th Birthday
Doodle plays “Joy of Man’s Desiring” from Johann Sebastian Bach’s Jesu and includes a control slider to adjust volume.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Takes On Pinterest With Google+ Collections
- Audi Rick Rolls Those Expecting #WomenDrivers Meme Hilarity
- Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: New Market Intelligence Report
- After Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight, Twitter Building “Robust Tools” To Combat Periscope Piracy
- Brand Missteps In The Social Media Spotlight: The New Rules Of The “Shame Game”
- Mobile Ad Experiences Are Often Terrible: Here’s Why There’s Hope
- 5 Principles For Making Programmatic Creative Work
- Why You Need A Persona-Based Content Marketing Strategy
- Facebook Reveals The Internet.org Platform – A Framework To Help Connect The Globe
- Meerkat & Periscope Let People Pirate The Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight: Twitter’s CEO Doesn’t Care
- Facebook Reportedly Nearing Deal With Publishers On “Instant Articles”
- Report: YouTube Still Trumps Facebook Video For Brands Over The Long Haul
- Signs Of Social Life At Google+? Network Sends Out Its First Tweet
- Happy 10th Birthday YouTube: Google’s Video Platform Enters The Double-Digits
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google may not do ‘nice’, but even the omnipotent need to survive, The Guardian
- Start-Ups Try to Challenge Google, at Least on Mobile Search, New York Times
- How to Find Good Link Building Advice in 2015, SEO Theory
- 6 Tools for Checking Broken Links on Your Website, The SEM Post
- Through the Google lens: Search trends April 24-30, Official Google Blog
- Google Begins Fixing Their Blurry Image Problem, Search Engine Roundtable
- JSON-LD | A Worthy Alternative to Microdata, seattlesearchnetwork.org
- A Setback on the $100k a Month Challenge, quicksprout.com
- Bing Webmaster Tools Losing Yahoo Data?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Configuring a Custom 404 Error Page in Microsoft IIS Server, BruceClay.com
- Google May Have Updated Panda Over The Weekend, Search Engine Roundtable
- Should You use Emojis in Your SEO Strategy?, ignitevisibility.com
SEM / Paid Search
- It Still Pays to Have Multiple Match Types for the Same AdWords Keyword, RKG Blog
- Linking External and Internal Search: Investigating the Site Searching Patterns of Referred Searchers, Web Search
- Performance Analysis of Keyword Advertising Campaign Using Gender-Brand Effect of Search Queries, jimjansen.blogspot.com