SearchCap: Google zero results gone, Subscribe with Google for news & non-English URL SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google stops showing zero search results for time, calculations & conversions
Mar 20, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
After only a week of experimenting with showing only a single answer, Google is putting that test on hold.
- Google News Initiative kicks off with Subscribe With Google, other efforts
Mar 21, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Subscribers will see articles from their subscribed publications higher in the search results and be logged in to those publications across devices.
- Google: Using non-English URLs for non-English websites is fine
Mar 21, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
In Google’s latest SEO snippets video series, Google’s John Mueller talked about non-English URLs and SEO.
- All new! B2B Marketing Automation Platforms Marketer’s Guide updated for 2018
Mar 21, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
The latest edition of MarTech Today’s “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for B2B marketing automation software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software in your business. This 48-page report is your source for the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for B2B marketing automation software tools […]
- Dynamic Search Ads are for amateurs or superheroes
Mar 21, 2018 by Daniel Gilbert
Contributor Daniel Gilbert is definitely not a fan of Google’s Dynamic Search Ads. He shares why he feels the ad program doesn’t hold a candle to human-powered account management.
- International SEO: How to build a global footprint
Mar 21, 2018 by Jim Yu
Being successful on the international stage requires more than practicing basic SEO, says Contributor Jim Yu. You must make meaningful connections and adapt to local-level insights to make your mark.
- Guillermo Haro Google doodle celebrates Mexican astronomer who discovered Orion’s flare stars
Mar 21, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Haro’s discovery of the red and blue flare stars in the Orion constellation earned the astronomer a spot in the esteemed Royal Astronomy Academy.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google announces third-party measurement expansions with MRC, Nielsen, comScore
- How brands can engage with customers after checkout
- Israeli government threatens Twitter with legal action for not acting on terrorist content
- Need a reason to attend MarTech? Here are 8!
- YouTube creators no longer need extra streaming software to film live broadcasts from their desktop
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg expected to address Cambridge Analytica data use within next 24 hours
- What is privacy by design? A deeper dive into this GDPR requirement
- Aprimo adds collaborative idea creation to its suite of marketing planning tools
- US Senators call for more Congressional involvement in wake of Facebook, Cambridge Analytica debacle
- Barometric unveils its attribution service for snail mail
- Facebook chief security officer reportedly resigns amid data controversy
- AMP: Do or die? Session recap from SMX West
- Understanding campaign performance: Answers to common conversion tracking questions
- Social media in 2018: Time to grow up or get out
Search News From Around The Web:
- Footy fans, stay on the ball with Google, Official Google Australia Blog
- #LetsGuide: Someone out there needs a guide like you, Google Blog
- As Facebook’s algorithm changes SEO becomes crucial, Yoast
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements, The SEM Post
- GoogleBot Won’t Be Upgrades To Latest Chrome Version For A While, Search Engine Roundtable
- Mobile SEO: The Definitive Guide (2018), backlinko.com
- Optimizing a single page: One page website SEO, Yoast
- The 30-Minute DIY SEO Audit, Stoney deGeyter