SearchCap: Google’s SEO AMA, AdWords Shopping Actions & Search Console updates
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google launches cost-per-sale Shopping Actions, unified shopping program across Search, Assistant & Express
Mar 19, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
In its answer to Amazon, Google’s new umbrella program will extend existing relationships with retailers and enable universal checkout across platforms and devices.
- AMA with Google highlights: The core search algorithm update, mobile-first index status & more
Mar 19, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
From nofollow links to negative SEO, the core search algorithm and Google showing zero search results — catch up on what Google’s Nathan Johns had to say at SMX West.
- Google Search Console updates visual reporting features
Mar 19, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
A look at what’s new in Google Search Console.
- AMP: Do or die? Session recap from SMX West
Mar 19, 2018 by Christine Churchill
Contributor Christine Churchill sat in on one of the AMP sessions at SMX West and shares the detailed and contrasting perspectives the panelists plus one Google engineer have on using AMP.
- St. Patrick’s Day Google doodle includes hidden word written in ancient Irish ogham alphabet
Mar 17, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Google recruited Irish artist Ross Stewart to create the image depicting a scenic Ireland landscape with a stonemason arranging rocks.
- Omnichannel Personalization at Scale: How leading brands drive sales across channels
Mar 19, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Americans now own an average of four devices, spending nearly 11 hours a day consuming media across platforms (Nielsen). When they read your email or visit your website, they expect personalized messaging — no matter which device they’re on. How do you reach these moving targets with a personalized message that resonates with their needs […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook introduces ‘store sales optimization’ and other ad improvements for retailers
- Forecast: Amazon and Snapchat gain US ad revenues at Google and Facebook’s expense
- All new! B2B Marketing Automation Platforms Marketer’s Guide updated for 2018
- 4 questions to launch your data-driven email strategy
- Facebook pilots program to help creators build advertiser relationships & drive fan engagement
- Objection.co’s Sparky bot/service finds reasons why bad reviews should be taken down
- DatavizVR rebrands as 3Data, adds new features to its VR data visualization tool
- Facebook suspends Cambridge Analytica, firm that exploited its data to support Trump election effort
Search News From Around The Web:
- G+ – Google Local Divorce Mop Up – Who Got the Kids? Not Sure But the Orphans Have Been Nuked, Mike Blumenthal
- The Brackets Update – Analysis and Findings From The March 7, 2018 Google Algorithm Update (and March 14 Tremor), GSQI
- Google is Testing “About” Tab In Local Knowledge Panels, Sergey Alakov
- Google Core Algorithm Update Continues On, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Make SEO Clients Come To You – Ready To Order Your Services, SEM Rush
- Introducing the New and Improved AdWords Performance Grader from WordStream, WordStream
- SEO basics: What is anchor text?, Yoast
- Why YouTube Is Really Powerful in Google Search – Here’s Why #158, Stone Temple