Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Happy birthday Google, EU Google Shopping changes & SEO tips
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- CSEs will compete head-on with Google Shopping in EU search results
Sep 27, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
To provide “equal treatment” in the ad auction, Google Shopping will operate as a separate business unit bidding against Comparison Shopping Engines
- Google’s latest Easter Egg is a video game that shows up with searches for ‘snake’ & ‘play snake’
Sep 27, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Announced in conjunction with Google’s 19th birthday surprise spinner doodle, the digital game can be played on both desktop and mobile.
- SEO content strategy: How to grow visits by 300% in one year
Sep 27, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
Creating great content isn’t enough to achieve great SEO results in and of itself. As columnist Andrew Dennis demonstrates, there is a lot that goes into a truly effective content strategy.
- Google marks its 19th birthday with a ‘Google birthday surprise spinner’ doodle
Sep 27, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The spinner leads to searches for 19 different Easter egg games and quizzes launched during Google’s 19 years.
- Why going global is essential to your business
Sep 26, 2017 by Chris Sherman
There are 7.5 billion people in the world. Are you reaching all of your potential customers with your search marketing campaign?
- Alphabet to create separate business unit in Europe to run Google Shopping
Sep 26, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Effort is attempt to comply with European antitrust decision; would force Google to bid against rivals in the AdWords auction as a standalone entity.
- The non-developer’s guide to reducing WordPress load times up to 2 seconds (with data)
Sep 27, 2017 by Tom Demers
Wondering where to start with page speed improvements? Columnist Tom Demers shares how he tackled page speed improvements on several WordPress sites without (much) input from a developer.
- Updated for 2017! Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms
Sep 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The paid media marketing landscape has become increasingly complex, as the speed of search engine algorithms and development changes accelerates and marketers demand more integrated channel capabilities. Automating paid media campaign management through an enterprise platform can improve efficiency and productivity. MarTech Today’s “Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- All-new MarTech Today guide: Enterprise Digital Personalization Tools
- Busting AI myths: Why AI will help marketers usher in an era of extreme personalization
- Spotify launches self-serve platform for audio ad campaigns
- Vimeo launches its first live-streaming product & announces plan to acquire Livestream
- B2B products are facing a CX make-or-break moment. Here’s why
- MailChimp adds Google Ads as it becomes a multichannel platform
- How SAP’s purchase of Gigya could change the identity management landscape
- Facebook’s 2-year NFL deal for Watch shows includes sharing ad revenue
- Twitter tests doubling the length of tweets to 280 characters
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google pulls YouTube off the Amazon Echo Show, The Verge
- It Might Be Google’s 19th Birthday, But Google.com Was Registered Over 20 Years Ago, Search Engine Roundtable
- Less-Than-Perfect SEO Clients: Have You Met Them All?, SEM Rush
Local & Maps
- How to Track Your Local SEO & SEM: A Guide, Moz
- Voice Search Will Eventually Revolutionize Search Marketing, Forrester
- World-Class Link Building Is More Than Links, Search Engine Journal
- Google Expands Phone Call Organic Links In Search, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Algorithm & Search Results Shuffling Continues, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google Classifies Webpages as ‘Low Quality’, Search Engine Journal
- How to Optimize a Single Page for Multiple Keywords, cognitiveseo.com
- Legal search marketing: Local business SEO for Law Firms, Vertical Leap
- SEO Content Strategy: Turn Keywords Into Can’t-Miss Content, Digital Examiner
- SEO for non-profits, Yoast
- What is The Difference Between an SEO Manager and SEO Analyst? Experts Weigh in, KoMarketing
- X Easy-to-Use SEO Research Tools for Generating Content Ideas, Online Marketing Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Why It Took Google So Long to End Shady Rehab Center Ads, Bloomberg
- 7 Simple Steps to Boost PPC Results with A/B Testing, The AdStage Blog
- How to Win New PPC Accounts: 5 Approaches for Agencies, WordStream
- PPC Reporting Using AdWords Scripts, Periscopix
- Google AMP URLs With usqp=mq331AQCCAE= Is For Twice As Fast Test, Search Engine Roundtable