SearchCap: Local SEO, Link Building & Negative Keywords
Barry Schwartz on October 2, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How I Saved $1M Using Negative Keyword Lists
Oct 2, 2015 by Carrie Albright
Is it worth it to use negative keyword lists? Columnist Carrie Albright shares her thoughts, plus an example that saved one client big-time.
- Know Thy Enemy: Local SEO & The Art of War
Oct 2, 2015 by Marcus Miller
What lessons from military strategy can be applied to local search marketing? Columnist Marcus Miller explores.
- Search In Pics: Google Heineken, Panda Plate & SMX At B.B. King’s
Oct 2, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- How Enterprises Should Approach Link Building
Oct 2, 2015 by Bill Hunt
Contributor Bill Hunt recaps a session from SMX East in which Joe Oliver and Cody Cahill from Page One Power explain the different strategies required for success in enterprise-level link building.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- YouTube Shopping Ads To Expand Beyond Merchants’ Own Videos
- Attribution Beyond The Last Click: A SMX East Session Recap
- How Omni-Channel Marketing Can Help Travel Brands Fly Farther, Faster
- Look Back To Look Ahead: Tips For A Lucrative Holiday Shopping Season
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Hotel Finder Results Now Show Relative Deal Pricing, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Disavowing IP Address Won’t Expand To The Hostname, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using Social Media as Your Primary (or Only) Link Building Tactic Probably Won’t Work – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Google tests a new fixed search bar, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
- Weekly update 71: Unfinished Instant Answers and Help Fixing Bugs!, DuckDuckGo Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Landing Page Myths: When Not to Follow Best Practices, Renegade Search
- Video: Google Penguin, Panda, Authorship, First Click Free & More, Search Engine Roundtable