SearchCap: Managing multiple GMB listings, malicious content take down & more
Debra Mastaler on August 24, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How to manage multiple GMB listings for service area businesses
Aug 24, 2018 by Brian Smith
Contributor Brian Smith offers insights on how service area businesses can use GMB’s bulk syndication service to increase their visibility and decrease their CPA.
- Search in Pics: Google’s C-3PO, liquid marijuana & hand painted G logo
Aug 24, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The ultimate guide to using Bing Webmaster Tools – Part 4
Aug 24, 2018 by Christi Olson
In Part 4 of this special series, Contributor and Bing Chief Evangelist Christi Olson reviews widgets, copyright removal notices, webmaster tools API, specialty sections and how to contact support if you need assistance.
- A checklist: Important SEO points to cover in a content campaign
Aug 24, 2018 by Paddy Moogan
Contributor Paddy Moogan shares a checklist of key on-page and analytical items and how to SEO them so your content campaign runs smoothly and supports your ranking efforts.
- New report from MarTech Today: Enterprise Customer Data Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide
Aug 24, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
The customer data platform (CDP) market is expected to generate $1 billion in revenue by 2019, according to the CDP Institute, as both employment and the number of CDP vendors doubled in 2017. Driving growth is a perfect storm of increasing complexity in the customer journey, the martech stack and data governance.
- Facebook recruits former HP marketing lead as its new CMO
Aug 24, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Antonio Lucio will assume his new role at Facebook September 4. Meanwhile, VP of Partnerships Dan Rose plans to depart in February.
- AdTheorent launches Relationship Targeting
Aug 24, 2018 by Barry Levine
The New York City ad tech firm looks to influence in-market buyers by also directing ads at friends and family.
- Facebook, Twitter & Google take down malicious content originating from Iran
Aug 23, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook took down 652 Pages, groups and accounts, Twitter removed 284 accounts and Google disabled 42 YouTube channels.
Search News From Around The Web:
- A Big Change To Facebook Reviews, 5-Star Reviews Are Now Recommendations, GetFiveStars
- Create And Update Google Analytics Session Timeout Cookie, Simo Ahava
- Expect Googlebot Crawl Increase With Changes to CDNs, The SEMPost
- Google Ads Automatically Updating Eligible Campaigns to Enhanced CPC Bidding, Clix Marketing
- Google News Digest: Learn About New Scores in Ads, Changes in GSC and Featured Snippets, SEMrush
- How LinkedIn Spun to the Top of Search for LinkedIn Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Use Custom Affinity Audiences for More Cost-Effective Google Display Ads, Wordstream
- What to Call Your Google+ Maps My Business Places Listing Thingy, Whitespark
- What travel planning behavior means for marketing, Think With Google
- Why we need to stop repeating the “50% by 2020” voice search prediction Econsultancy
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.