Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: New PageSpeed Insights, Google AdWords reviews & the Search Engine Land Awards
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google PageSpeed Insights now uses real data from Chrome browser users
Jan 10, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
Google has revamped their pagespeed tool to give more insights into how fast their pages really load.
- Google is sunsetting AdWords Review extensions
Jan 10, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The text ad extension will be removed from AdWords entirely next month.
- YouTube SEO 101
Jan 10, 2018 by Stephan Spencer
In this comprehensive guide to YouTube SEO, columnist Stephan Spencer explains the fundamentals of YouTube optimization and explains how to increase visibility and rankings for your videos.
- Looking back at 2018 in search: A time traveler’s year in review
Jan 10, 2018 by Dave Davies
What does 2018 have in store for search marketers? Columnist (and time-traveler) Dave Davies pays a visit from the future to share what this year’s major search developments will be.
- 2018 Search Engine Land Awards open now
Jan 10, 2018 by Search Engine Land
Exciting news! The 4th annual awards ceremony & celebration will be held in Seattle, WA during SMX Advanced and the entire industry is invited to participate!
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Best practices for qualifying your link opportunities
- How independent retailers can thrive in a volatile market
- Clash Royale’s ‘Epic Comeback’ was #1 YouTube ad in December, Apple was top brand overall
- SteelHouse adds Connected TV
- 5 content distribution strategies for 2018
- The CMO, martech and ‘marchitecture’: Messaging that matters to customers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Assistant Now Natively Supports Podcasts, Recipes and News, SEO Skeptic
- How to Get Started With the New AdWords Conversion Tag, Metric Theory
- Pagination Tunnels – An Experiment in Crawlability and Click Depth, Portent
- 3 SEO quick wins to implement right now, Yoast
- Google is Testing New Hotel Local Finder & Hotel Knowledge Panel UI, alakov.com
- Google Search Console API To Get 16 Months Of Data Soon Also, Search Engine Roundtable
- How many linking domains are shown in Search Console?, Branded3
- How To Audit a Low Performing Adwords Account, PPC Hero
- How To Rank In Voice Search (Dissecting The Quality Rater Guidelines), Ignite Visibility
- How to Teach the Importance of SEO Across Your Org, Conductor