SearchCap: Santa tracker, Google API terms & SEO metrics
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Using AdWords API to export to third-party ad networks will remain OK as Google keeps terms it adopted in FTC settlement
Dec 26, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google is keeping its domain opt-out and AdWords API tools policies as is, says their VP & deputy general counsel.
- Mind your business: Our top local search columns of 2017
Dec 26, 2017 by Jessica Thompson
Search Engine Land’s most widely read local search columns from 2017 covered a wide range of topics, from algorithm updates and new Google My Business features to Facebook’s local search capabilities.
- Unique international trends require a unique marketing approach
Dec 26, 2017 by Brendan McGonigle
Trends and interests change from one market to another, so why do so many advertisers apply the same approach across markets? Columnist Brendan McGonigle shares Yandex’s top search trends of 2017.
- Embrace a product manager mindset to improve 2018 SEO KPIs
Dec 26, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
How can you improve your performance in the new year? Columnist Adam Dorfman recommends thinking more like a product manager, focusing on activities that provide measurable impact to your company’s most important goals.
- December global festivities Google doodle marks day 2 of Google’s holiday doodle series
Dec 25, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Today’s doodle shows Google’s animated penguins celebrating the holidays with their warm weather friends.
- Google & NORAD Santa Trackers show St. Nick already in flight for his 2017 trip around the world
Dec 24, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The two sites will be tracking Santa’s whereabouts for the next 24 hours.
- Search Engine Land’s Community Corner: Local SEO survey results, a new book on influencer marketing & SEO Christmas jumpers
Dec 22, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
As we head into the slow holiday stretch, the news likewise takes a breather. Of course Google did surprise the search community this week by confirming some algo updates, starting a new webmaster video series, and moving Eric Schmidt into a non-Executive Chairman of the Board position. Elsewhere we had these announcements and events happening […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The enterprise business of SEO: Communicating to the C-suite
- Getting to know your B2B tech buyer
- 6 ways ad agencies can thrive in an AI-first world
- Facebook could prevent age-discriminating job ads if it wanted to
- Measuring how offline marketing drives website traffic: The fundamentals
- Multimedia and how to get it out there: Our top 10 Content Marketing columns of 2017
Search News From Around The Web:
- At Google, Eric Schmidt Wrote the Book on Adult Supervision, Wired
- End of the Era: Yandex.Catalog is being shut down, Russian Search Tips
- Google continues poaching Apple engineers as it ramps up work on in-house chip development, 9to5Google
- Google proposes big Sunnyvale project, Mercury News
- John Mueller Helping Webmasters On Christmas Eve Again, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google GMB Strategy & The Role of SMB Outreach, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Says You Don’t Know If Unnatural Links Work Or Not, Search Engine Roundtable
- I gave my parents a Google Home for Christmas and watched them lose their minds, VentureBeat
- The Biggest False Expectations Clients Have When Hire An SEO Agency, SEM Rush