SearchCap: AdWords call tracking, SEO failures, & SERP tools
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Setting up AdWords website call conversion tracking just got a bit easier
Sep 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Track calls from the phone number on your website with a couple of pieces of code.
- 6 reasons why SEO fails, and how you can succeed at it
Sep 22, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø believes that SEO can be a powerful addition to your marketing mix, but its success will depend on how intelligently you invest in it.
- 9 tools to help you succeed with Google SERP features
Sep 22, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
Columnist Jordan Kasteler notes that strong search performance requires more than just ranking well in organic results. The tools listed here can enhance your existing listings and help you to appear in other places on the search results pages.
- Autumnal Equinox Google doodle welcomes first day of fall in the Northern Hemisphere
Sep 22, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
To mark the Autumn season, Google brought back the same artwork from its Vernal Equinox doodle earlier this year.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Forrester: Here are some ways marketers can adapt to messaging apps
- 4 ways to improve your value as a strategic SEO partner
- Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Possum’ algorithm update
- GeoBlocks offer more precise location targeting and analytics, says xAd
- Is interest targeting the future of marketing?
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #29: Google AMP’s impact on marketers & publishers
- “Stop clicking around!” How Hilton’s CMO rallied a 100-year-old company to No. 1
- Twitter’s app install ads go native inside its ad network
- Is mobile SEO obsolete?
- Instagram now has more than 500,000 active advertisers
- MarTech Today: Google’s Allo, AMP URLs versus deep links on mobile search, & more
- Dark social dominates holiday sharing [RadiumOne data]
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) burst into Google search results
- Allo: Google again moves deck chairs on its sinking Titanic in the messaging wars
- Navigate your marketing automation options with this checklist
- For Chevrolet and Hollywood, IBM’s Watson is learning how to understand emotions and personalities
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Custom map styling with the Google Maps APIs on Android and iOS, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Is Google Testing Penguin In The Wild? Some Think So., Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Showing Flights & Hotel Costs For Vacation Queries, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Tests Shadows Around Boxes For Card Style Layout, Search Engine Roundtable
- 12 companies hit with a Google manual penalty, Search Engine Watch
- 5 Magic Steps to Refresh an Old or Expired Domain, linkresearchtools.com
- Apple Maps Needs Some SEO Help…Better Hope It Doesn’t Get Any, Local SEO Guide
- eCommerce SEO checklist: 27 tips for a better online shop, Yoast
- What Web Dev Inadvertently Taught Me about SEO, Distilled
SEM / Paid Search
- Support for Search Audiences in AdWords Scripts, Google Ads Developer Blog
- The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting, PPC Hero
- Yandex Search Query Schedule: Times, Days, and Devices, Russian Search Marketing
- 8 Keyword Research Tools for Search Engine Marketing in China, KoMarketing
- Keep It Fresh: Steps for Updating Your Website Content, BruceClay.com
New on Search Engine Land