SearchCap: Shopping campaigns, common SEO mistakes & a product search survey
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: SEO? SEM? SMX East has you covered. Jun 29, 2016 by Search Engine Land One thing is certain: profound changes are coming to your profession, whether you’re an SEO or SEM. […]
Amy Gesenhues on June 29, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SEO? SEM? SMX East has you covered.
Jun 29, 2016 by Search Engine Land
One thing is certain: profound changes are coming to your profession, whether you’re an SEO or SEM. This year’s SMX East agenda was created to ensure that you’d succeed in spite of the dramatic developments in organic search marketing and paid search advertising.
- Shopping campaigns: Play like every day is a holiday
Jun 29, 2016 by Alexander Paluch
What’s ahead for shopping ads this holiday season and beyond? Columnist Alexander Paluch recaps a session from SMX Advanced focusing on what search marketers need to know.
- The definitive SEO audit part 2 of 3: Content and on-site
Jun 29, 2016 by Dave Davies
In part two of his three-part series on conducting a thorough SEO audit, columnist Dave Davies explains how to ensure that you have the right content optimized the right way.
- 5 more super-common SEO mistakes content marketers make
Jun 29, 2016 by Stephan Spencer
In a follow-up to last month’s column, Stephan Spencer addresses some more common but avoidable SEO problems for content marketers to be aware of.
- AMP: Above and beyond
Jun 29, 2016 by Max Prin
Want to know more about Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)? Columnist Max Prin recaps a session from SMX Advanced 2016 featuring John Shehata of Condé Nast and Google’s Rudy Galfi, product manager for the AMP Project.
- Survey: Amazon beats Google as starting point for product search
Jun 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Thirty eight percent of shoppers start with Amazon, 35 percent start with Google.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 7 types of keywords to boost your SEO strategy
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we publish articles you may not agree with
- The what, how, who and YOU of the future of marketing
- Amazon adds 50+ Dash brands, but data shows only 47% use purchased buttons
- Yelp announces expanding “Yelp Knowledge” social analytics program
- Scaremongering in digital: Why ad blocking isn’t as dire as you think
- Facebook makes Pages’ organic reach in News Feed even more dependent on shares
- MarTech Today: Pinterest’s AI-enabled search, Kahuna’s expanded machine learning & Google’s tool for Internet speeds
- Amazon finally makes it easier to find skills for Echo
- Report: What marketers can learn from the biggest brands on Instagram
- Beware of shady link schemes from black-hat SEOs
- The right way to get dynamic with Google AdWords
- Is selling SEO services getting harder or are SEOs just not good at it?
Search News From Around The Web:
- New Title Lengths for Google SERPs, Search Laboratory
- What if Google was around in the 50′s 60′s 70′s 80′s and 90′s. This is what would have happened, LogoMyWay
SEM / Paid Search
- 7 Definitive Do’s and Don’ts of Google AdWords Pay Per Click, Receptional
- Google Keyword Planner Showing Higher Volume; Did Google Remove Exact Match?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yandex Provides Hyper-Targeting Opportunities to Advertising Clients, Yandex
- June 2016 Google Algorithm Update – Analysis and Findings From The June Quality Update (Phantom 4 or Panda), GSQI
- Google Mobile Ranking Updates: Do They Matter?, Stone Temple
- Google Says It Is Rare They Don’t Find Content On The Web, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Hosting The Same Content For Multiple Clients Dilute It’s Value, Search Engine Roundtable