SearchCap: Siri commands, AMP errors & mobile search up
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Report: Nearly 60 percent of searches now from mobile devices
Aug 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Hitwise examined hundreds of millions of queries across 11 key categories.
- Search for Hey Siri commands available on iOS devices
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
A new site shows the close to 500 unique Apple Siri commands you can use on your device to search. Check it out at hey-siri.io.
- AMP pages no longer need structured data to be valid in Google Search Console
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google has downgraded the structured data issues from errors to information notes in the AMP error reports.
- Expand all your AdWords ads in 30 seconds flat
Aug 3, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Want a head start in making the shift to expanded text ads in AdWords? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys has an AdWords script that pulls information from your SEO titles and meta descriptions.
- 4 things you didn’t know about rich snippets
Aug 3, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Wondering how to get those enhanced SERP displays? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares useful information about rich snippets and structured data to get you started.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 6 top content management systems compared
- Report: Nearly three-quarters of native ads get failing scores
- Link prospecting tips and tricks
- Link profile analysis: How to prevent penalties by being proactive
- You can’t spell “developer marketing” without A-P-I
- Five ways marketers can win in mobile-first micro-moments
- Research: Five reasons why 100% viewability isn’t worth the cost (by a long shot)
- MarTech Today: Adgorithms’ “self-driven” marketing/ad platform, AMP on mobile search results & more
- A Snapchat Story showing the (few) differences with Instagram Stories
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- An experiment built with 3D Google Maps imagery, inspired by kids, Google Lat Long
- Diagramming the Story of a 1-Star Review, Moz
- Google Maps Drops Introduction / Description Field, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google promotes favelas by mapping them ahead of Rio 2016 Olympics, Quartz
- Olympic venues get a 3D update, Google Earth Blog
- Answer: Mind the gap!, SearchReSearch
- Baidu launches DuSee augmented reality platform, integrates into mobile search app, VentureBeat
- Bitcode Support Comes to Google Firebase iOS App Indexing, Search Engine Roundtable
- Create High-Quality Guidelines To Get High-Quality Content, Search Engine People
- How to Build Your Franchise With Effective SEO Strategies, semrush.com
- Why Image Optimization Matters: The Past, Present, and Future of Image Optimization, semrush.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 6 AdWords PPC Hacks You Need To Know, State of Digital
- Google AdWords Finally Scrubs Payday Loan & High Interest Loan Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Upcoming Improvements To AdWords Automated Bidding, PPC Hero