SearchCap: The Day In Search, December 23, 2011
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google’s New Happy Holidays Logo: Dancing Christmas Lights & Jingle Bells For Christmas and the holiday season, Google has a new musical logo out that plays Jingle Bells and ends by […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s New Happy Holidays Logo: Dancing Christmas Lights & Jingle Bells
For Christmas and the holiday season, Google has a new musical logo out that plays Jingle Bells and ends by wishing “Happy Holidays.” The special logo, or “doodle” as Google calls them, starts out with an all-white background: Push any note, and the logo lights up with the Google name as Christmas lights: As you […]
- Free Speech Battle In India: Google, Facebook Summoned By Court Over “Inflammatory Images”
According to a report from Chinese news agency Xinhua, a judge in India has ordered a broad range of online companies, including Google, Facebook and Yahoo, to “delete ‘inflammatory’ images of religious figures” from their sites. Though not identified in news reports the images were deemed offensive or blasphemous under a sweeping law enacted earlier […]
- Search In Pics: Google Snow, Yahoo Decorations & Google Menorah
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Snowing At Google: Yahoo Holiday Decorations: Facebook Bike: Google’s Indoor Food Truck: Google Menorah:
- It’s All About Data: Our Most Popular Analytics Posts In 2011
You know how some people always tend to put ‘analytical thinking’ skills down on a resume, even if it’s not 100% accurate? Luckily, that’s not the case with our analytics experts at Search Engine Land. Over the course of 2011, our contributors shared everything and anything they know about measuring the value of website traffic, […]
- What Is Your SEO Archiving Plan?
If the answer to this question is stunned silence, your website could lose long-term search engine visibility. Archiving has always been an important part of the SEO process.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Boston Celtics: The First Pro Team To Advertise Twitter On Their Home Court?
- Microsoft Passes Yahoo With Second-Most Popular Web Properties, Google Still #1
- Infographic: Moms Like Android More Than The iPhone?
- Affiliate Marketing Is Booming On Twitter
Search News From Around The Web:
- Yahoo Okays Initial Term Sheet to Sell Stakes Back to Asian Partners — While Also Hoping to Keep PE Firms in Fray, allthingsd.com
Local, Maps & Mobile
- Bug: Google Places Showing Zero Impressions, Search Engine Roundtable
- Hobbit humour: Google Maps offers Mordor warning, Telegraph
- Bing The Future of Search & Social, Bing
- Santa Claus is coming to town… find out where with Google and NORAD, Official Google Blog
SEO & SEM
- SEO Drummers & The Same Old Tune, outspokenmedia.com
- Video: Google Panda Holiday Update, 8 Bing Sitelinks, Fake Rich Snippets & Happy Holidays, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Align Your Website for SEO Efficiency, Search Engine People
- Where Should You Place Your Best Content?, www.searchenginepeople.com
Video, Music & Image Search