Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: The Day In Search, May 2, 2012
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Goes Search-Retro With Cleaner Look For Results
Microsoft has started to roll out a new, simpler look for the Bing SERP. It looks very much like the “old Google.” It’s more spartan than the previous Bing UI — or “clean” if you prefer. As Google has added more graphics, icons and features to its SERPs some have complained that the pages are starting […]
- Microsoft Advertising Is Becoming “Bing” For SMBs
There’s Microsoft, there’s Bing, there’s Yahoo, and there’s the Search Alliance. How can any small business search advertiser figure out what’s what? That’s the thinking behind the rebranding of Microsoft Advertising to Bing, announced this week. Besides the name change, marketing collateral and web sites will incorporate the large beautiful images that the Bing consumer […]
- How To Combine Search Retargeting & Keyword Contextual Targeting To Reach More In Market Searchers
In the world of online advertising, sometimes two effective targeting techniques are even more effective when used together. Search retargeting is a highly effective targeting technique that has been attracting lots of buzz lately. Using search retargeting leading brands and agencies around the world are deploying successful display campaigns targeting online consumers based on search […]
- No SMX Advanced Ticket? Here Are Your Options
SMX Advanced conference tickets sold out even earlier this year, and we apologize to those of you who didn’t get one. Here are some other pass options for SMX Advanced, and some alternative conference options: Workshops@SMX Advanced: Choose from any of the six day-long workshops on Thursday, June 7. Each is an internet marketing deep […]
- Advanced Landing Page Techniques: Searcher Personas
There are a million rules for search landing page design. You have to optimize the content and decide whether more stuff is better or worse for conversion. But it’s all moot unless your focus is on getting into the head of your customers. Searcher personas are the tool that delivers clarity as you develop ads […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- TheFind Gives Us A “Glimpse” Of A New Social Shopping Experience On Facebook
- I Will Follow You, Will You Follow Me?
- Enough With Google+ification, Says Wil Wheaton — YouTube Doesn’t Need It
- 5 Minutes To A Bigger Email Audience
- Yahoo Rolls Out Small Business Marketing Dashboard
- Twitter Adds More Personalization On The ‘Discover’ Tab To Improve Content Discovery
- Facebook ‘Roadshow’ Begins, IPO Set For May 18
Search News From Around The Web: Headlines will return tomorrow, our apologies for the omission today.