SearchCap: Yandex Palekh algorithm, Yext reviews & more search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yext Reviews product is pre-optimized for Schema, balances reviews across sites
Nov 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company says that capturing more reviews will help with local ranking.
- Yandex launches new algorithm named Palekh to improve search results for long-tail queries
Nov 2, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Did Yandex’s new algorithm Palekh just go head to head with Google’s RankBrain?
- Opinion: Google is biased toward reputation-damaging content
Nov 2, 2016 by Chris Silver Smith
Why does reputation-damaging content seem to appear so quickly in Google’s search results? Columnist Chris Silver Smith outlines his theory on why Google’s algorithm can give negative content greater ranking ability than it deserves.
- 5 ingredients for writing the perfect expanded text ad
Nov 2, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Want to succeed with expanded text ads? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys reports on findings from an Optmyzr study of 1.2 million ads to see what characteristics the best-performing ads had in common.
- Uncover hidden potential in your paid search and shopping campaigns
Nov 2, 2016 by Andreas Reiffen
In this helpful how-to piece, columnist Andreas Reiffen explains how to find anomalies in your paid search campaigns and address them for improved performance.
- Day of the Dead Google doodle marks Mexico’s holiday honoring life & death
Nov 2, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In addition to the Doodle, Google has included a link pointing to a page about the holiday on its Arts and Culture website .
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- MarTech Landscape: What is a Customer Data Platform?
- Google creates its own antitrust woes with poor communication over search listings
- 8 ways SEO has changed in the past 10 years
- Searching for and winning the marketing moments that matter
- Content-specific chat prompts: Unlocking the power of conversation
- SMX East 2016: Satisfying The Need For Speed
- Study finds e-retailers are making it more difficult to unsubscribe from emails
- 5 ways to use personalized video in your next marketing campaign
- 7 Google Analytics reports that demystify your B2B audience
- On a global basis, mobile internet usage surpassed the desktop in October
- Grow your business with account-based marketing
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- A New Format for Business Listings on Google Maps?, Imprezzio Marketing
- More Italian earthquakes and the Google Earth earthquake layer not updating, Google Earth Blog
- Some Webmasters Claiming A Google Penguin 4.0 Rollback, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google changes URL color to Bright Green for non logged-in users and Dark Green for logged-in users on Search result pages, Androiding.how
- Google’s Voice Search Accuracy Surprises Their Own Engineers, Search Engine Roundtable
- Don’t Kill Your SEO Chances Before Your Blog Has Even Begun, ProBlogger
- Google Doesn’t Give WordPress Preferential Treatment, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Marking Up With Both JSON-LD & Microdata Not a Risk, thesempost.com
- Use JSON-LD to add schema.org data to your website, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- 7 Keys to a Successful Mobile PPC Strategy, Portent
- Google Adwords Malvertising Campaign Targets Apple Macs, darkreading.com
- How To Leverage PPC For Your B2B Accounts, PPC Hero
- How to Get the Whole Number Search Volumes that You Miss, iPullRank
- The 4-Step Plan to Construct Your Own Keyword-to-URL Map, Moz
- Trump vs. Clinton: Who Won The Battle For Search?, bluepostdigital.com