What Does It Mean To Be “Search Marketer of the Year”?
Learn more about the two awards to be presented for Male and Female Search Marketer of the Year at the inaugural Search Engine Land Awards event in NYC. Details about how to nominate a stellar search marketer included.
In addition to the ten Search Engine Land Awards categories recognizing exceptional search marketing initiatives and SEO/SEM campaigns, our partner SEMPO.org has announced more details on the two individual honors they will be presenting at the awards ceremony.
The entry period is currently open for nominations for “Search Marketer of the Year”, with both a Male and Female winner to be selected. The awards will recognize those professionals whose “accomplishments and specific contributions to successful search initiatives and/or research drove measurable business results.”
Among the criteria SEMPO will be evaluating:
- Being a leader who has earned that title, having gained the implicit trust of clients and others on his/her own team through demonstration of both subject matter expertise and “soft skills” required to efficiently communicate desired goals and recommended implementations
- Attaining measurable results by today’s analytics standards and as reported against baseline performance and performance goals achieved (this information will remain private as requested, but the more specific examples given, the easier it will be to measure true business value)
- Demonstrating mastery of current accepted Best Practices in SEM and SEO through presentation of strategic planning summary
- Differentiating from the pack with creative ideas that effectively drive real business results rather than those that “sound cool” or “viral”
- Making a positive impact on the SEM/SEO community through innovation and sharing
How To Nominate An Exceptional Search Marketer
There is an entry fee for these two categories; however, all profits from the entry fees collected will be donated to the charity* of your choice.
If you are an individual consultant or employee managing successful SEO/SEM efforts, self-nominations are welcome.
If you are a business owner, agency executive or in-house marketing manager, we encourage you to submit nominations to recognize key team members and/or account leaders who have produced exceptional SEM or SEO results within your organization or for clients.
The entry deadline is JULY 31, 2015. Finalists will be announced September 1, 2015.
Awards Ceremony Details
The Landy Awards and Search Marketer of the Year honors will be presented during a ceremony and celebration event @SMX East in New York City.
Awards Celebration Details:
- When: SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 // 8-11pm
- Where: @SMX East After Dark Event
- BB King’s Blues Club, Times Square, NYC
- What: Opening Cocktails, Hors d’Oeuvres, Awards Ceremony, + 2 Hours of Live Entertainment!
- Who: The Search Marketing Community + YOU!
Tickets for this event are available for purchase now ($75) when registering for an All Access Pass or Expo+ Pass (FREE, with pre-registration) to SMX East.
*ALL Profits from entry fees, tickets sold to the awards celebration and sponsorships will be donated to the charities selected: BeTheMatch.org and CODE.org.
**The nominee does not have to be a current member of the SEMPO organization.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.