“Googler Killer”, Cuil, Patent Applications Acquired By Google
Bill Slawski spotted the transfer of ownership of these patent applications this morning. The patents transfer to Google from Cuil include 20090240672, 20090240685, 20090241044, 20090241018, 20090241058, 20090241065 and 20090241066.
This is not all that surprising, being that one of the co-founders, Anna Patterson joined Google the same month Cuil went offline.
- Cuil Goes Offline, Future Not So Cool
- Anna Patterson, Cuil Founder, Returns To Google
- Cuil Launches — Can This Search Start-Up Really Best Google?
- Cuil Announces New Layout, Other Updates
- Cuil Launches Timeline To Search Results
- Cuil Jumps On The Real-Time Search Bandwagon
- Cuil Fast Test – Relevancy Isn’t A Google Killer
- Cuil Maplines: A Good Idea That Needs Work
- Google To Gain Access To Over 1.5 Million European Patent Documents
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.