“Photos” In Google Navigation Bar Now Links To Google+ Photos, Not Picasa, If Signed-In
Google has replaced the destination URL of the “Photos” link within the Google navigation at the top of the page. Now when you click on “Photos,” and if signed-in, Google will take you to Google+ Photos, instead of taking you to Picasa photos.
When I click on photos, I am taken to my Google+ profile with photos from my circles and public photos. If you’re signed-out, the link still points to Picasa Web Albums. Earlier this year, there was a rumor that Picasa would be renamed to Google Photos.
In January of this year, Google replaced Google Reader with Photos when in the Gmail screen. Photos is not a main menu item when in web search, but it can be accessed via the “more” drop down menu.
- Small Google Navigation Element Changes
- Official: More Are Seeing Google’s New Navigation Bar
- Google Goes Black With Black Navigation Bar Test
- Google Operators In Instant, Profiles In Navigation & AdWords URL On Description Line
- Google Testing Colored Top Navigation Bar & AdWords At Bottom
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.