Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
“Photos” In Google Navigation Bar Now Links To Google+ Photos, Not Picasa, If Signed-In
Google has replaced the destination URL of the “Photos” link within the Google navigation at the top of the page. Now when you click on “Photos,” and if signed-in, Google will take you to Google+ Photos, instead of taking you to Picasa photos.
When I click on photos, I am taken to my Google+ profile with photos from my circles and public photos. If you’re signed-out, the link still points to Picasa Web Albums. Earlier this year, there was a rumor that Picasa would be renamed to Google Photos.
In January of this year, Google replaced Google Reader with Photos when in the Gmail screen. Photos is not a main menu item when in web search, but it can be accessed via the “more” drop down menu.
- Small Google Navigation Element Changes
- Official: More Are Seeing Google’s New Navigation Bar
- Google Goes Black With Black Navigation Bar Test
- Google Operators In Instant, Profiles In Navigation & AdWords URL On Description Line
- Google Testing Colored Top Navigation Bar & AdWords At Bottom