Google Sued By buySAFE Over Trusted Stores Program
buySafe claims several strong things in this law suit:
(1) Patent Infringement
(2) Stealing proprietary business information
(3) Pushing buySafe customers to switch to Google Trusted Stores
(4) Google is trying to squash the company from growing
(5) Google had interest in partnering with buySafe since 2006
(6) Google obtained confidential customer information from a former buySafe customer and current Google Trusted Stores Group Product Manager
(7) Google is allegedly offering higher search result rankings for those that participate in the Trusted Stores program
Here is the lawsuit:
- Google Gets Into Ratings Game With Trusted Stores
- Google Overhauls Product Search, Plans To Close Boutiques.com
- Google Trusted Stores: For Organic Rankings & Search Ads?
- Updated: Google Reinvents Its Catalog Search As iPad App
- Google: Product Extension Ads Now Available For Mobile
- Google Shopping, Product Extensions, Come To Four New Countries
- Google Adding Local Product Data To Place Pages
- Google Rolls Out Shopper App For iPhone
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.