I’m Feeling Doodly, Playful, Artistic: Google’s “I’m Feeling Lucky” Button Gains New Choices
Google’s famous “I’m Feeling Lucky” button on its home page has been changed to add new options such as “I’m Feeling Playful” or “I’m Feeling Trendy.”
The long-standing “I’m Feeling Lucky” button, when selected (if Google Instant is off), will automatically take someone to the first page that appears in Google’s results for a particular search, hence the “feeling lucky” aspect.
Now the button, for some users, is sporting these new options:
- I’m Feeling Doodly: random doodle
- I’m Feeling Playful: random interactive doodle
- I’m Feeling Artistic: random Google Art Project
- I’m Feeling Hungry: search for restaurants
- I’m Feeling Puzzled: random A Google A Day question
- I’m Feeling Trendy: Google Hot Trends
- I’m Feeling Stellar: image search for [orion+nebula]
- I’m Feeling Wonderful: random World Wonder Project
This is not the first time Google has played with the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button. It also used the button to show a New Year’s countdown in 2009, changed it to say “I’m Steering Lucky” as part of an April Fool’s joke in 2012, and made it “Insert Coin” as part of its 2010 Google logo tribute to Pac-Man.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.