Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Video Of Matt Cutts Talking About The Early Days At Google
Miss hearing from Google's Matt Cutts? Here is a 34 minute video of him giving a talk at UNC Chapel Hill the other week.
Google’s Matt Cutts, who is currently on leave, gave a talk a couple weeks ago at UNC Chapel Hill. The topic was the early days at working at Google and Matt provided some key takeaways for those who attended.
The takeaways for the attendees were:
- Be creative when in a tough spot
- Be proactive and ask your boss to work on something that interests you
- Question your assumptions
- Set yourself apart from the crowd
- Have fun and make sure to capture those moments with pictures and videos
- Work on something that you think matters
Here is the video of the 34 minute talk, followed by the slides:
He did spend a few minutes talking about the webmaster and SEO community, as well as the legal issues he had to deal with while at Google.
As a bonus, he shared the poll table (aka conference room table) the search quality team used early on to discuss updates: