Bing announced a new feature in the search results named “Action Buttons.”
Action buttons give you quick links to perform specific actions on specific web sites. IF you are searching for an airline, the Bing action buttons may include items like check flight status, book a flight or check in to a flight. If you are searching for a car rental company, Bing may offer you action links to rent a car, find locations or contact the company. If you are searching for a hotel, Bing may offer you action links to book a room, locations and their reward program.
Here are some pictures:
Deepak Vijaywargi, Program Manager at Bing said:
Based on how people search, our algorithms now determine top actions and corresponding links in the site for a given category with high precision. For instance, with airlines the top 3 tasks are: check-in to a flight, check the status of a flight or book a flight. For software sites, if you are searching for a specific product you likely want to download it. For car rental agencies, you’d like to rent a car, find out locations or contact them.
This news come shortly after Google launched Google Flights with a booking option that is unclear if it is paid or not.
- Bing Gets More Personal With Adaptive Search
- Bing Maps The Mall
- Confirmed: Bing Tests Ads Within Organic Search Results
- Google Travel Search Takes Flight With First ITA Travel Product
- Microsoft Makes Mobile Bing More Social Too
- Schema.org: Google, Bing & Yahoo Unite To Make Search Listings Richer Through Structured Data