Google + Thanksgiving Day TV Commercial
Google aired a 90 second TV commercial on Thanksgiving Day during the Lions/Packers Football game.
The commercial highlighted some of the features of Google +, focusing on the circles and hangouts features – but mostly on circles. The goal of the commercial was to communicate how Google + enables you to share as you would in “real life,” i.e. share certain things with certain groups of friends.
Here is the commercial:
This is not the first time Google aired a TV commercial. They did so back in February 2010 at the Super Bowl. Since then, seeing a TV commercial from Google is not all that uncommon. However, prior to that, seeing a TV ad from Google was “implausible” as Jason Kincaid said.
- Google Airs TV Ad During Super Bowl – But Why?
- First Look: “Hands On” With Google+
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
- Google Plus: Big With Status-Seeking Singles; Losing Ground At Colleges & Cafes
- Google+ Pages Now Open For Businesses, Brands, Places & More
- What Businesses & Brands Can Use Google Plus Pages For Now
- Up Close With Creating & Managing Google+ Pages
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.