Google aired a 90 second TV commercial on Thanksgiving Day during the Lions/Packers Football game.
The commercial highlighted some of the features of Google +, focusing on the circles and hangouts features – but mostly on circles. The goal of the commercial was to communicate how Google + enables you to share as you would in “real life,” i.e. share certain things with certain groups of friends.
Here is the commercial:
This is not the first time Google aired a TV commercial. They did so back in February 2010 at the Super Bowl. Since then, seeing a TV commercial from Google is not all that uncommon. However, prior to that, seeing a TV ad from Google was “implausible” as Jason Kincaid said.
- Google Airs TV Ad During Super Bowl – But Why?
- First Look: “Hands On” With Google+
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
- Google Plus: Big With Status-Seeking Singles; Losing Ground At Colleges & Cafes
- Google+ Pages Now Open For Businesses, Brands, Places & More
- What Businesses & Brands Can Use Google Plus Pages For Now
- Up Close With Creating & Managing Google+ Pages