The video about is from the SMX Advanced show in 2012 where Danny Sullivan asked Google’s Matt Cutts about nofollowing affiliate links.
Matt responded that although they handle the majority of affiliate links automatically, if you are at all worried, you should nofollow those links to be careful.
Here is what Matt said, if you can’t watch the video above:
We handle the vast majority of affiliate stuff correctly because if it is a large enough affiliate network we know about it and we handle it on our side. Even though we handle I believe the vast majority of affiliate links appropriately if you are at all worried about it, I would go ahead and just add the nofollow because you might be earning money from that.
Other Affiliate Linking Topics:
- VigLink: Fire & Forget Solution To Turn Outbound Links Into Affiliate Earners
- Protect Your Brand From Dead Affiliate Links
- Be Careful When Your Affiliates Practice Link Cloaking
- Important Restrictions To Include In Your Affiliate Agreement
- Why Affiliate Direct Linking Activity Has Doubled