Southern California is ablaze with wildfires once again, including one I can see out my window in the Newport Beach foothills. Trying to keep track of where they are. Here’s a guide to maps of current fires and place you can expect future ones to be posted.
NOTE: For the latest fires, see this fire maps section of Search Engine Land, where any updates are listed.
- Los Angeles Times: Watch the newspaper’s Google Maps account here for the latest maps. At the moment, Wildfire closes the 210 and 118 freeways, 8 schools is the most recent one, showing the “Marek Fire” burn area and evacuation centers.
- Orange County Register: Again, watch this newspaper’s Google Maps account here, with Small brush fire and Angeles fire providing an overview of current fires in Southern California and Angeles National Fire zooming in on the area near the 210 Freeway.
- Los Angeles Fire Department: From its Google Maps account here, links to information about the Sesnon Fire and a Marek Fire Evacuation Map.
- California Active Fire Mapper: From UC Berkeley, this pinpoints fires over the past week across the state.
- MODIS: Map has large fires across the US shown.