Fires are burning again in Southern California, and the map makers are hard at work helping people know what’s happening where. Below, maps relating to the Corral Fire in Malibu:
NOTE: For the latest fires, see this fire maps section of Search Engine Land, where any updates are listed.
- Los Angeles Times: Shows evacuation zones, fire location, and more.
- Los Angeles Daily News: Highlights the entire evacuation area, locates fire, pinpoints destroyed homes, and more.
- Fox News: Road closures, reports of homes burned.
- ABC News: Evacuation areas.
- Blog.sudosu.net: Road closures as gathered from media and other reports.
For maps of the fires across the region that hit in October, see our Mapping The Southern California Fires post.
Postscript: See June 2008 California Fire Maps for wildfires in Northern California that month; Los Angeles & Southern California Fire Maps: October 2008 Edition for fires in Southern California during mid-October 2008; Maps Of Fires In Southern California: November 2008 Edition for fires during that period.