Bing Updates Windows 8 Apps Enhancing News, Finance, Weather, Sports, Maps & Travel
Microsoft announced they have made major updates to the Bing Apps for Windows 8 across most of their apps including News, Finance, Weather, Sports, Maps and Travel.
The video below walks you through the changes, but here are some highlights of the core changes to each section.
- News: You can now customize the type of news you want to see by category. For example, if you like sports but not entertainment news, you can tell Bing, and the app will show you only sports related news items. In addition to that, Bing has added RSS feeds and offline reading.
- Maps: The maps feature has improved driving, transit and walking directions, up-to-the minute traffic incidents notifications including construction and accidents, plus saving places to favorites or pin them to your start screen.
- Finance: The new features here include updated watch-list, real-time US stock updates and customizable interactive charts.
- Sports: Bing has added 29 additional sports leagues, with a total of 65 covering Soccer, American Football, Basketball, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Motor Sports, Baseball, Ice Hockey and Golf.
- Travel: Bing added content from Lonely Planet, Frommer’s, Fodor’s and others.
- Weather: Now you can see dynamically moving weather maps for your city or region in a number of categories including satellite, temperature, precipitation, cloud cover and radar. Also get weather conditions at ski resorts in 24 countries around the world.
Here is a video of the update:
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.