Google Gumby Logo For 90th Birthday Of Creator Art Clokey
Today would have been Art Clokey’s 90th birthday, and to celebrate the man who invented Gumby, Google has a special interactive Gumby Logo.
The logo has many of the characters from Gumby, including Pokey, the lovable horse. Clicking on the colorful balls makes the play dough figures come to life, bringing out the essence of Gumby and Art Clokey’s work of “stop motion clay animation.”
Here is a video of the logo in action:
Clokey was born on Oct. 12, 1921, in Detroit, Mich., and died at the age of 88 on Jan. 8, 2010, in Los Osos, Calif.
Other Google Logos:
- A Special Logo For Google’s 13th Birthday – Mazol Tov!
- Google Logo Celebrates Jim Henson’s 75th Birthday
- Google Logo For Albert Szent-Gyorgyi: Oranges & Vitamin C
- Google Celebrates Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday With Google Logo
- Jorge Luis Borges Google Logo
- Google’s Pierre de Fermat Math Logo
- Google “I Love Lucy” Logo For Lucille Ball’s 100th Birthday
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.