Bing Webmaster Tools Expand Crawl Details, Offers URL Normalization Tips & More
The key updates and changes include:
- Expanded Crawl Details: This includes showing inbound links for any URL including 300, 400 & 500 codes. Plus URLs listed in Robots.txt and Malware headings.
- Improving Email Alerts: This include malware alerts, crawl increase requests, and more.
- URL Normalization Suggestions: Bing will offer URL normalization tips but turn them off by default. Also they have increased the number of query string parameters from 25 items to 50 items per site.
- Deeper Data In Index Explorer: So with this, please expect Traffic Data appearing within the Index Explorer tool.
- DNS verification: You can now verify your website via DNS for domains in your account.
- adCenter Data Integration: Avg CPC column will now show up in the Traffic data.
Here are some pictures:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.