Google To Drop Ad Manager For DoubleClick For Publishers
DFP comes in two flavors, tailored for different publishers’ needs: DoubleClick for Publishers, for the largest online publishers, and DFP Small Business, a simple, free version designed for growing online publishers. We’ll be upgrading current DART for Publishers publishers to DoubleClick for Publishers over the next year as we continue to add features and modules, and we’ll be moving Google Ad Manager customers to DFP Small Business in the coming weeks.
New features for DFP include:
- A new interface that has been completely redesigned to save time and reduce errors.
- Far more detailed reporting and forecasting data to help publishers understand where their revenue is coming from and what ads are most valuable.
- Sophisticated algorithms that automatically improve ad performance and delivery.
- A new, open, public API which enables publishers to build and integrate their own apps with DFP, or integrate apps created for DFP by a growing third-party developer community (apps under development today include sales, order management and workflow tools).
- Integration with the new DoubleClick Ad Exchange’s “dynamic allocation” feature, which maximizes revenue by enabling publishers to open up their ad space to bids from multiple ad networks. Dynamic allocation is described in this document [PDF].
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
No fluff - just the best news in paid search marketing every week.