Google announced on the Webmaster Central blog that they have cleaned up Google Webmaster Tools. The three changes include:
(1) Updated Dashboard (2) New Left Hand Navigation (3) Home Compact View
Here is a picture of the revised dashboard:
The new navigation was changed to be more representative of the content and tools within the portal. Google explained:
- Configuration: Things you configure and generally don’t change very often.
- Health: Where you look to make sure things are OK.
- Traffic: Where you go to understand how your site is doing in Google search, who’s linking to you; where you can explore the data about your site.
- Optimization: Where you can find ideas to enhance your site, which enables us to better understand and represent your site in Search and other services.
- Google Webmaster Tools Expands Query Data to 90 Days
- Do You Have Duplicate Content Issues Across Domain? Google Will Now Alert You
- Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Errors: How To Get Detailed Data From the API
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Useful Download Options
- Google Webmaster Tools Finally Adds User Administration
- Google Webmaster Tools Revamps Crawl Errors, But Is It For The Better?
- Google +1 Reporting Now In Google Webmaster Tools