Bing Video Update: Larger Previews, Infinite Scroll & Related Content
Microsoft has announced on the Bing Search Blog an update to their video search features. Bing Video added larger video thumbnails when you hover over video results in the search results. They also added infinite scroll when you view videos on Bing Video. Additional search refinements for related content and a large video viewer and filmstrip were also added.
Here is a screen shot of the preview thumbnails in the Bing search results:
Bing’s infinite scroll is popular on their image search, which lets users scroll through the search results instead of clicking on “next” for more results. That feature is now on their video results giving users a “quick and easy way to view virtually unlimited videos by simply scrolling down the page,” said Bing.
For more details, see the Bing Blog.
- Redesigned Bing Bar Toolbar More Like A “Dashboard”
- Search & The 2011 Sundance Film Festival
- Bing Launches New Video Portal With Help From MSN
- Meet Bing, Microsoft’s New Search Engine
- Bing’s Stefan Weitz: Rethinking The Search Experience
- Google Images Testing “Infinite Scroll” Search Results
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.