Ahead of their official release, financial analysts released comScore’s December search data. Total search query volume, minus “contextual search” (slideshows), was reportedly up 24 percent vs. a year ago for a total of 18.2 billion monthly queries. Here are the market share figures:
- Google — 66.6 percent (record high for Google in comScore’s numbers)
- Yahoo — 16 percent (down from 16.4 percent in Nov)
- Bing — 12.0 (up from 11.8 percent in November)
- Ask — 3.5 percent (down slightly)
- AOL — 1.9 percent (an historic low)
None of these figures include mobile query volumes, which will become material over time. The combined Bing-Yahoo share was 28 percent, basically flat vs. November. Below is the November comScore chart:
Postscript: comScore has now released its numbers officially.