Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.
Google Launching Social Search In 19 New Languages
Social Search is being pushed out to 19 new languages over the upcoming days and weeks. Google promises even more languages in the near future. Google said, “with these changes, we want to help you find the most relevant information from the people who matter to you.”
In January 2010, Google pushed social search live for many, after a beta release in late 2009. Since then, Google has continued to integrate social signals into the product to make it more relevant and useful for users.
Social Search is a major initiative for Google being that Google has very limited, if any, access to Facebook, and we all know that Bing is ranking results based on Facebook’s social graph.
- Google Social Search Launches, Gives Results From Your Trusted “Social Circle”
- Google Social Search Goes Live, Adds New Features
- Official: Google Adding More & Fresher Tweets To Social Search
- What Social Signals Do Google & Bing Really Count?
- Google’s Search Results Get More Social; Twitter As The New Facebook “Like”
- Examining Facebook’s “Smear Campaign” Concerns About Google Social Circles
- Bing Ups Ante In Social Search, Adds More Facebook “Likes” To Search Results