Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Logo For Leonhard Euler’s 306th Birthday
Google is honoring the life of Leonhard Euler, a renowned Swiss mathematician who is credited with founding the concepts of most modern math including the notion of a mathematical function. On April 15, 1707 – 306 years ago today – Leonhard Euler was born in Basel, Switzerland. Seventy-six years later, he died on September 18, 1783 in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
By many, he was known as the most important mathematician to live in the 18th century. His knowledge and contributions were very encompassing within the math field, from infinitesimal calculus to graph theory. He also was much respected outside of the field of math, for his work in mechanics, fluid dynamics, optics, and astronomy.
As many of you know, Google and math go very well together. So it is not surprising to see Google honor such an important figure in the field of math.
Today’s Google logo is animated on Google.com and throughout most of the Google localized versions.
Recent Google Logos:
- Maria Sibylla Merian Honored With Google Doodle
- On Easter Google Honors The Life Of Cesar Chavez With Logo
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day: Google’s Irish Dancers
- Google’s Douglas Adams Logo Answers The Meaning Of Life: 42
- Google Salutes Women With International Women’s Day Logo
- Google Honors Miriam Makeba’s 81st Birthday With Logo
- Google Celebrates Edward Gorey 88th Birthday With Logo
- Google Revolving Planets Logo For Nicolaus Copernicus