Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Releases Waze Version 4.0 For iOS Users; Android Coming Soon
Version 4.0 of Waze brings a new cleaner design, easier navigation, reporting, sharing and more to the popular navigation app.
Waze, the popular socially focused navigation app acquired by Google in 2013, has released its first major app update since they folded the mapping company into Google.
The new features focus on fewer clicks, easier navigation, better battery consumption and improved reporting and sharing. The new version of Waze 4.0 is currently only available for iOS, but the Android version is reportedly coming soon.
Here is a punch list of new features:
- Significantly reduced battery consumption.
- Fewer taps to start a drive, send locations and directions.
- New ETA panel that organizes everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
- New, easier-to-read map, with a cleaner look catered to your drive.
- Faster, more visual reporting menu that makes it easier to help others on the road.
- Color-coded reports and alerts, so you can instantly recognize them on the map.
- Smart reminders to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and drive times.
Here is a video from Google on the new version: