Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google’s latest Smart Bidding option, Zaha Hadid Google Doodle & more
Amy Gesenhues on May 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 7 great reasons to attend SMX Advanced in 2 weeks
May 31, 2017 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced is just 2 weeks away. Don’t miss your only opportunity this year to attend the conference designed for experienced SEOs and SEMs! Fewer than 150 tickets are remaining. Register now! Here are 7 reasons you should attend: Start with a deep dive. Attend a pre-conference workshop.
- Google adds Maximize Conversions automated bid strategy in AdWords
May 31, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The newest Smart Bidding option aims to increase conversion volume and will spend a campaign’s daily budget in pursuit of that goal.
- Google’s latest search update gives art lovers a deeper dive into the masterpieces
May 31, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Google’s Search team worked with its Arts and Culture team to improve art-related searches and create a new Street View feature for art museums.
- How to use SEO to influence B2B buyers at every stage of the buyer’s journey
May 31, 2017 by Nate Dame
Columnist Nate Dame notes that these days, B2B purchasers are performing as much as 90% of the buyer’s journey on their own. Are they consistently finding your brand along their journeys?
- Zaha Hadid Google doodle honors first woman to win the Pritzker Architecture Prize
May 31, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Born in Iraq, Hadid studied art and architecture at the Architectural Association in London.
- The battleground of entities & reviews
May 31, 2017 by Dave Davies
How might Google utilize reviews to improve their understanding of entities — and produce more personalized search results? Columnist Dave Davies explores current trends and makes predictions about where the future is headed.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords
- How to track conversions like a pro
- 3 ways to ensure your marketing technology stacks up
- Survey shows US ad-blocking usage is 40 percent on laptops, 15 percent on mobile
- AppsFlyer launches mobile anti-fraud initiative, updates its fraud detection services
- City Furniture taps Apple, IBM for in-store apps to improve the sales experience
- Demand generation’s next frontier: 3 ways to tap into social to get more leads
- Vimeo launches new tools aimed at making video platform more appealing to marketers
- Where is the best place to post your content?
- Former Android boss launches devices to compete with Google Pixel and Google Home
- Yandex opens its content recommendations platform to all publishers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Why We Are Giving Away Our Patents, www.conductor.com
- Google Algorithms Share Data With Other Algorithms, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Compute Engine now lets you choose between CPU platforms, TechCrunch
Local & Maps
- Review Spam – Which Google Categories Are Worst?, Blumenthals
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Updates to Keep in Mind in 2017, MarketingProfs
- Introducing page-level enforcements and a new Policy center, Inside AdSense
- Marketing Master Class, Episode 3: The risk taker’s guide, Bing Ads
- Use These Competitor Tools To Improve Results, PPC Hero
- 10 Google Ranking Factors Every Website Should Focus On In 2017, Jeff Bullas
- Addressing Similar Content: Canonicalize, Noindex, or Do Nothing?, Search Engine Journal
- Top 10 WordPress SEO Mistakes That Beginners Make, Search Engine Journal