Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Googlers: Single With No Kids & Drinking Mountain View
The study was made up of matching 6,000 Google employees and 16,000 Microsoft employees email addresses with grocery purchase behavior in partnership with a loyalty card aggregator. They determined a lot of interesting differences between Googlers and Microsoft employees.
- Googlers are more likely to buy bacon, ice cream, fresh fruits and vegetables, Mountain Dew and Doritos
- Microsoft employees are more likely to buy vitamins, butter, popcorn by Orville and Capri Sun drinks
- Googlers are more likely to be single and without children, while Microsoft employees are more likely to be married with kids.
- Microsoft employees are typically older than Googlers.
Here are some interesting charts from the report:
- If Future Employees Compromise Privacy, Don’t Expect Google To Tell The World
- On Google Growing Up, Losing Employees & Being The New “California”
- Google Fired Two Employees For Breaching Google User Privacy
- Bing’s Chief Scientist, Alek Kołcz, Joins Twitter
- Top Microsoft Execs Get A Pay Cut
- Report: Microsoft To Lay Off 15,000 Workers