Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Revamps Webmaster Tools API
Google has revamped how you authenticate for apps or web-services and it also gives you access to some of the main features of Webmaster Tools.
Specific features within the new API include:
- list, add, or remove sites from your account (you can currently have up to 500 sites in your account)
- list, add, or remove sitemaps for your websites
- get warning, error, and indexed counts for individual sitemaps
- get a time-series of all kinds of crawl errors for your site
- list crawl error samples for specific types of errors
- mark individual crawl errors as “fixed” (this doesn’t change how they’re processed, but can help simplify the UI for you)
You can find sample code, how to documentation, references and more on the Google Developer portal.
Google initially released the API for Webmaster Tools back in 2008.