Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: The Day In Search, March 10, 2014
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Using First-Party Data For SEM On Google & Way Beyond!
As a general rule, the marketer with the most actionable data wins. There are many types of data but the most useful kind — the GlenGarry data — is first-party data. This article will show you how you can use the data you already have about your best (and worst) customers to improve your online […]
- Google Sees Deeper App Content As Key To Mobile Usage
Google is the dominant mobile search engine with nearly 90 percent of the market in the US and an even greater share internationally. The problem is that search engines aren’t used as often in mobile. Large volumes of content are consumed in apps. Google is trying to address that challenge by indexing more app-based content, including […]
- EU Settlement Nearly Done, Google Antitrust Drama Shifts To India
Although the Google antitrust settlement in Europe isn’t final it appears we’re in the final minutes of the final act. There still may be a surprise or two in store but we mostly know how this story is going to end. Now it appears the Google antitrust drama is shifting to India, where an antitrust investigation against […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Welcome Change? Facebook’s New Brand Page Design Mimics Personal News Feeds
- Pros & Cons Of Date Stamping Your Content
- Report: Only 6% Of Buyers Claim Social Media Impacts B2B Buying Process
- Pinterest’s First Transparency Report: Only 12 Govt. Data Requests
- URL Shortening Giant Bitly Will Provide Click Data to Moz
- Get To Know: The CMO Of Erwin Penland Advertising
- How Mobile Apps Can Nurture Brand Loyalty: Stories From SXSWi
- Report Says Facebook’s Organic Reach Will Hit Zero. Our Response? Of Course It Won’t.
- Instagram Strikes First Big Ad Deal In A Win For Facebook
Search News From Around The Web:
- How to Use Passive Link Detection, SEO Theory
- Link Building Tactics I’m Focusing on this 2014, Kaiserthesage
- ‘Intent plus audience’ is a powerful new combination for search marketers, eConsultancy
- Handy Strategies for Using Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSAs), Koozai
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads March Update: Reporting Improvements Help You Do More with Your Campaign Data, Bing Ads Blog
- Do Long-Tail Keywords Matter in PPC?, PPC Hero
- Microconversions: A Critical Piece in the PPC Bidding Puzzle, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Why Paid Search?, Bing Ads Blog
- The Incomplete Google Ranking Signals, Part 1, SEO By The Sea
- 10 Guidelines for Putting NAP Info on Your Site for Local SEO, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- Airtight SEO Audits, Part 5: Avoid Spam and Black-Hat Techniques, 3Q Digital
- Can sites do well without using spammy techniques?, YouTube
- Google Does Look At Your Other Sites For Manual Actions / Penalties, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Matt Cutts On Breaking A Google Penalty, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is Google Killing Its Own Ranking Algorithm With Scare Tactics?, Forbes
- Rankings Aren’t All That: How to Really Track SEO Improvements, Portent
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.