The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.
Bing Mobile Updated: Improved HTML5 Features, App Search & More
Microsoft’s Bing team announced some significant changes and updates to Bing For Mobile. The core changes include better HTML5 support, better and faster image search, real-time transit and directions, iPhone app search, improvements to shopping, weather and movie search results.
The new interfaces and features currently work on all smartphone browsers that support HTML5, so that includes iPhone and Android devices but currently excludes Microsoft’s own smartphone, the Windows Phone 7 until they add HTML5 support later this year.
Bing Mobile Search Updates:
- Transit Directions and Real-Time Transit
- Image Search with sliders and orientation support
- Shopping improves access to shopping questions answered, comparison shop, and discover product details and user reviews
- Added Weather Autosuggest and Instant Answers to the search bar
- iPhone apps search added when you search using an iPhone
- Movie search includes time and nearest theatre, along with reviews, synopsis, trailers and additional information
Here are two video demos of the changes:
- Bing Releases Huge Set of Upgrades: Maps, Local, Mobile, Travel, Image Search
- Bing Brings Local Deals To Mobile, PC
- Bing’s New Mobile Voice Search Available On New Samsung Phone
- Bing Mobile App Comes To Verizon Android Handsets
- Yahoo-Bing Mobile Search Transition To Happen At Same Time As Online, Ads To Be Handled By Same Teams