Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Adds Mobile App Search Tool
You can now go to Google and restrict and filter your search results to only show mobile apps.
To do so, search at Google for an app, and then on the search tools on the left, click “more” and then select “Applications.” Google will then show you apps from the Apple iTunes App Store, Google Android Market, plus other app sites such as AppBrain, AndroidZoom, CNet and many more.
Here is a screen shot:
Google enabled a new app rich snippet back in September. Plus they have indexed mobile apps from iTunes and Google Android Market for over a year now.
Hat tip to Google Operating System blog for spotting this.
- Google Adds Rich Snippets For Application Reviews: iTunes Apps, Android & More
- A New Google Rich Snippet For Real Estate, Other Business Listings
- Google’s +1 Button Now Works With Google +, Go Figure!
- Google Adds Rich Snippet Support For Music
- Google Starts Showing Author Images In Search Results
- Google Now Supports “Author” Tag
- Google’s Prayer Time Rich Snippets: The Good & Bad
- Schema.org: Google, Bing & Yahoo Unite To Make Search Listings Richer Through Structured Data