Google Alerts Adds Filters For Regions & Languages
Google has added two more filter and delivery options to Google Alerts. Google Alerts informs you of updates within Google results via email or RSS feed.
The two new filters let you refine those alerts by language or region. You can tell Google you only want alerts for specific keyword phrases within a specific region or country or a specific language. You can select all regions or languages or you can be specific and specify one language or region. You cannot currently select a select number of regions or languages, it is either all or one.
Here is a picture of the new Google Alerts screen:
Hat tip to Alex Chitu for noticing this change.
- Google Alerts Get A Shiny New Redesign
- Google Quietly Brings Back RSS Feed Option To Google Alerts
- Google Alerts Drops RSS Delivery Option
- Google Alerts Is Working Again
- Google Partners With Nixle To Deliver Local Emergency Alerts & Response Information
- Google Alerts: Still Broken
- Dear Google Alerts: Why Aren’t You Working?
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.