I am seeing reports from searchers that Google is testing a new layout for the organic and paid search results. In this test, Google is placing the destination or display URL above the search snippet or description and below the title of the search result. Typically the URL is placed under the snippet or description, not above it.
Google has tested the display URL above the AdWords ad description before. We have a post about that test in 2008 titled Google AdWords Tests Display URL Above Ad Description. Google has also been officially display the display URL in the promoted AdWords ads in some cases as of last week.
Here is a large picture of the ads and free search results showing the display URL under the title but above the description area.
- Google AdWords Tests Display URL Above Ad Description
- Official: Google To Display Domain In Headline In Some AdWords Ads
- Google Testing New Search Results Page Look. Does Anyone Actually Like It?
- Google Shows Your Latest Tweet As Search Snippet … In 10 Seconds
- Official: More Are Seeing Google’s New Navigation Bar
- Google Switches AdWords Color Back To Yellow From Purple