No, Says Google, It’s Not Panda 2.4 Or Any Update
Yesterday, there were early rumors floating around at WebmasterWorld that there was yet another Panda updating taking place, possibly Panda 2.4. I covered it at the Search Engine Roundtable and asked Google for confirmation.
Google informed me that there is no Panda update taking place currently. Google told us, “no Panda update is currently occurring.”
So why are people noticing Panda-like changes? Google told us that maybe “those other sites may just be now seeing changes from the previous Panda update a couple weeks ago, but other than that, there’s no update or anything out of the ordinary happening here.”
When there is a new Panda update, we hope to be the first to let you know.
Panda Update Must-Reads
- Google Forecloses On Content Farms With “Panda” Algorithm Update, Feb. 2011
- Your Site’s Traffic Has Plummeted Since Google’s Panda Update. Now What?, March 2011
- Google Speaks More About Panda Update, March 2011
- The Panda Update: New Information From Google and The Latest from SMX West, March 2011
- Lessons Learned at SMX West: Google’s Panda Update, White Hat Cloaking & Link Building, March 2011
- Panda 2.0: Google Rolls Out Panda Update Internationally & Incorporates Searcher Blocking Data, April 2011
- It’s Panda Update 2.1, Not Panda 3.0, Google Says, May 2011
- Impacted By Google’s Panda Update? Google Asks You To Consider This…, May 2011
More Panda News & Recovery Tips
- Google: We’ve Made No “Significant” Changes To The Panda Update, March 2011
- Google Forecloses On Content Farms With “Panda” Algorithm Update
- When Pandas Attack: Online Retailers Need To React, March 2011
- 5 New Tactics For SEO Post-Panda, April 2011
- Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s Panda Algorithm Change?, Feb. 26, 2011
- Winners & Losers As Panda 2.0 Goes Global? eHow, Bing’s Ciao.co.uk & More, April 2011
- New York Times: Yes, Google’s Panda Update Hit NYT-Owned About.com, April 2011
- Yellow Pages SEO In The Post-Panda World, April 2011
- Hitwise Data Pegs Panda Impact On Demand Media Sites At 40%, April 2011
- Panda Update: Google Lowers The Boom On eHow.com, April 2011
- Demand Media: Panda’s Impact On eHow.com “Significantly Overstated,” April 2011
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.