Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google FireFox Notice, AdWords Speeds Up Data, Cortana On iOS & Android
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Tests New “Favorites” Feature That Lets Users Bookmark Images
Still in beta, the new feature is available only for users signed in to their accounts on a desktop.
- AdWords Search Query Data Now Available Sooner
Search terms and some other data are now available within 6 hours.
- Report: Microsoft’s Cortana Coming To iOS, Android This Fall
Reuters is reporting that Microsoft is getting ready to make Cortana, its digital assistant, available on Android and iOS as an app. This possibility was first raised in a Microsoft SMX Advanced keynote conversation last year. The Reuters article also discusses a Cortana-linked, artificial intelligence project called “Einstein.” At the time of SMX Advanced Microsoft […]
- The Evolution Of Google SERPs: Three Key Takeaways From SMX West 2015
We all know search engine results pages look different these days. Contributor Adam Dorfman shares information from experts that quantifies the difference and explains how marketers can cope.
- Search In Pics: Google Shop, Google Stone & Golden Android
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google Stone: Source: Google+ Google Shop In The UK: Source: Google+ Gold Android: Source: Google+ Many […]
- 4 Super Smart Rising Stars In PPC Marketing To Read & Follow
Many of us are familiar with the big names in SEM, but columnist Larry Kim has called out four relative newcomers that you should be keeping an eye on: Luke Alley, Erin Sagin, Maddie Cary and Keri Boerner.
- Google To Sunset Webmaster Tools API Version One On April 20th
Google is dropping support for the original Webmaster Tools API, which means you can no longer obtain keywords from the content reports within Google API starting April 20th.
- Google Is Practically Begging Firefox Users To Switch Their Default Search Engine
A new message above Google’s search results is the most visible attempt yet at getting Firefox users to switch back to Google.
- Google, Wal-Mart Breakup Suggests Problems Ahead For Local Inventory Ads
Research shows that when they’re ready to buy, online shoppers want to know where they can get desired products in local stores. Internet influenced offline spending is many many times larger than e-commerce and results in trillions of dollars in offline transactions annually. However offline retail inventory data has been largely unavailable until very recently, causing consumers in most […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Interactive Site Educates Adults On Prevalence of Cyberbullying Among Children And Illustrates The Power Of Words Needed To Help
- Twitter Accelerates Second-Screen Push With TV Timeline Test
- What On Earth Is Meerkat? And Why Should Brands Care?
- How Engaged Leaders Use Mobility To Build Brands & Businesses
- 6 Information Architecture Facts Every Business Should Know
- How David Can Take Goliath With Digital Marketing Every Time
- Swarm 2.0 Gains Direct Messaging To Help Pollinate A More Social Experience
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Phone Support Offers Limited Hours Due to High Volume, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Maps Launches New Report Problem Feature With Option For Relocated Businesses, Search Engine Roundtable
- Roundup: Get fit, stay fit with Cortana; new favorites feature for Bing images, Bing Search Blog
- Are On-Topic Links Important? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Google To Confirm The Next Penguin Update/Refresh, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using Majestic Search Explorer, Majestic Blog
- Crawling and Indexing Location-Adaptive Pages for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Doesn’t Look at Previously Penalized Sites Differently With New Updated Algorithms, The SEM Post
- SEOs: much of our forecasting is incorrect, econsultancy.com
- Think You’re an SEO Guru – Take Our Quiz & Prove It!, DPFOC USA Blog
- When Google Allows You To A/B Test Using User-Agents, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Monthly Competitor Audits: The Missing Elements, SEM Rush
- Video: Google Panda & Penguin Clarity, Webmaster Tools Changes & WordPress Exploit, Search Engine Roundtable