Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Twitter & YouTube Release Popular Searches For 2009; Facebook Top Search
On the Twitter blog today, Chief Scientist Abdur released a summary chart of the most popular trending topics on the social platform during 2009:
Microsoft’s Windows 7 did make the Top 10 Technology searches, but no such luck for Bing. In addition to the major news events of the year like the Iran Election (a popular topic for real time searches), Michael Jackson’s death and Swine Flu/H1N1, the weekly favorite, #MusicMonday made the list, but no mention of #FollowFriday.
Similarly, YouTube also released the most popular videos of 2009, with few surprises:
Most Watched YouTube videos (Global)
1. Susan Boyle – Britain’s Got Talent (120+ million views)
2. David After Dentist (37+ million views)
3. JK Wedding Entrance Dance (33+ million views)
4. New Moon Movie Trailer (31+ million views)
5. Evian Roller Babies (27+ million views)
- yahoo mail
- facebook login