Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide
If you are considering licensing an SEO software tool, this report will help you decide whether or not you need to. The report has been updated since its last publication in January 2016 to include the latest industry statistics, developing market trends, and new vendor profiles and product updates.
Editor’s Note: The following is an excerpt from "Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide". You can download the report here free.
The Benefits of Using SEO Software Platforms
With hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of pages, sites, and keywords to manage and optimize, enterprise SEO has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Using an enterprise SEO software platform can increase efficiency and productivity while reducing the time and errors involved in managing organic search campaigns. More specifically, automating SEO through a toolset or platform can provide the following benefits:
- Many tools, one interface. Enterprise SEO Platforms perform many tasks in one system. Integration of tasks, reporting, and user permissions offers substantial benefits to enterprise-level SEO operations compared to using single-function point solutions.
- More efficient management of global operations. Enterprise SEO Platforms have built-in diagnostics that can be invaluable on a global scale to identify site-wide issues across languages, countries or regions. These tools uncover macro and micro issues with pages, templates, and infrastructure.
- The ability to stay up-to-date with the search engines. SEO software vendors have dedicated teams and engineers to follow algorithm changes and their impact on ranking factors.
- Automated reporting to provide data in near real time. Many brands end up trying to put a lot of data in spreadsheets and manually update them. But that doesn’t provide a complete view of the data. Many enterprise SEO Platforms offer highly customized reporting capabilities that are widget- and wizard-driven to make reporting easy and fast.
Understanding your current marketing processes, knowing how to measure success, and being able to identify where you are looking for improvements, are all critical pieces of the SEO Platform decision-making process.
Enterprise SEO Platform Capabilities
SEO software comes in many shapes and sizes, from rank-checking tools and keyword research toolsets to full-service solutions that manage keywords, links, competitive intelligence, international rankings, social signal integration, and workflow rights and roles.
The majority of the SEO solutions profiled in this report offer the following core capabilities:
- Keyword research and rankings;
- link (also called backlink) analysis and acquisition/removal;
- social signal tracking;
- international rank tracking; and
- APIs for third-party data integration and management.
Enterprise-level solutions may also provide more extensive link and site analytics that include predictive scoring systems to identify the potential opportunities to improve brand websites or link authority. Vendors also begin to differentiate by offering more frequent data updates, or additional modules, such as local or mobile SEO, sometimes requiring additional investment.
Other more advanced capabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- content marketing or management tools;
- custom site crawls;
- competitive intelligence;
- workflow and task management; and
- ROI forecasting and/or predictive analytics
Does Your Company Need an Enterprise SEO Platform?
Deciding whether or not your company needs an enterprise-level SEO platform calls for the same evaluative steps involved in any software adoption, including a comprehensive self-assessment of your organization’s business needs, staff capabilities, management support, and financial resources. Use the following questions as a guideline to determine the answers.
- Do we have the right human resources in place?
- Do we have C-level buy-in?
- Do we have the right technical resources?
- Who will own enterprise SEO?
- Can we invest in staff training?
- Have we established KPIs we can track and measure?
- How will we measure success?
- Do we have realistic expectations?
Ten Questions to Ask Potential SEO Platform Vendors
Ready to talk to SEO Platforms vendors? Here are ten questions you should ask:
- How do you calculate your search volumes?
- Can this system track millions of searches, visits, site pages, etc?
- Do you support international search?
- How do you track and report universal search results?
- How robust and flexible are your reporting options?
- Where are the actionable reports? stakeholders who need SEO data.
- What other meta information does your system collect that may be made available to me via API?
- Is there a workflow built in that allows me to coordinate the work of my marketing, content, web development, social media, and PR teams across the organization?
- What kind of ongoing support and client engagement will your account team provide? How will you gauge our use or non-use of the platforms features?
- What new features are you considering? Whats the long-term roadmap and launch dates?
- Table of Contents
- Scope and Methodology
- SEO Market Overview
- SEO Platform Market Trends
- Enterprise SEO Platform Capabilities
- Choosing an Enterprise SEO Platform
- Vendor profiles
- View complete Table of Contents
- Authoritas (Formerly Analytics SEO)
- Pi Datametrics
- Rio SEO
- SISTRIX (including SEOlytics)
Companies that have downloaded this report:
- Bell Canada
- Best Buy
- Capital One
- Chopra Center
- Erie Insurance
- MK Capital
- Orbis Education
- The Home Depot
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Western Union