Google Tests Using Site Name Rather Than URL In Search Results
Google Operating System reports Google is testing a new search snippet, one that is displaying the site name as opposed to the destination URL under the search result’s description.
Here is a screen shot from the blog:
I personally cannot replicate the same behavior, what I see is the full destination URL in the search results.
- Google Testing URL Above Search Results Snippet
- Is Google Testing Related Tags Under Search Snippets?
- Google “Jump To” Links Within Search Snippets
- Google Shows Your Latest Tweet As Search Snippet … In 10 Seconds
- Anatomy Of A Google Snippet
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.