Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Tests Using Site Name Rather Than URL In Search Results
Google Operating System reports Google is testing a new search snippet, one that is displaying the site name as opposed to the destination URL under the search result’s description.
Here is a screen shot from the blog:
I personally cannot replicate the same behavior, what I see is the full destination URL in the search results.
- Google Testing URL Above Search Results Snippet
- Is Google Testing Related Tags Under Search Snippets?
- Google “Jump To” Links Within Search Snippets
- Google Shows Your Latest Tweet As Search Snippet … In 10 Seconds
- Anatomy Of A Google Snippet