Checking In: Our Top Local Search Columns Of 2013
As more and more small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) venture into the digital marketing arena, they are quickly recognizing the importance of being visible within local search results.
This past year saw the official launch of Google’s Knowledge Graph Carousel for local search results, creating a more visually pleasing user experience for searchers. Additionally, Google continued the rocky process of updating its business listings management from Google Places to Google+ Local.
Whether you’re an SMB trying to navigate the world of local search on your own or a large brand with multiple brick-and-mortar locations to manage, our local search columnists have had you covered throughout 2013 with expert advice and thoughtful analysis. Take a look at our ten most popular Local Search columns from this year:
Top Local Search Columns Of 2013
- 10 Things SEOs & SMBs Should Know About New Google Places Dashboard - April 8, 2013, by Myles Anderson
- Best & Worst Ways To Influence Local SEO Rankings - August 20, 2013, by Wesley Young
- 10 Tips For Using YouTube To Kill At Local SEO - September 9, 2013, by Chris Silver Smith
- The Best Link Building For Local SEO — None! - June 17, 2013 by Chris Silver Smith
- 8 Keys To A Successful Local Business Website - May 28, 2013, by Wesley Young
- Confessions Of A $100/Month SEO Client - June 10, 2013, by Andrew Shotland
- Logo Optimization: A Local SEO Stealth Tactic - August 12, 2013, by Chris Silver Smith
- Did Hummingbird Just Kill Your Local SEO? - October 29, 2013, by Andrew Shotland
- 5 Ways To Rank Outside Of Your Physical Location In Google Places - May 13, 2013, by Andrew Shotland
- 10 Simple Things SMB Websites Need To Fix Before SEO - January 14, 2013, by Andrew Shotland
Thank you again to all of our hard-working guest contributors who help to make this site great. Look forward to more local search wisdom in 2014!
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the latest news in local search marketing each week.