Matteo Lopez Wins The 2011 Doodle 4 Google Competition
Google has announced the winner of the 2011 Google 4 Doodle, “What I’d like to do someday.” The winner is Matteo Lopez of South San Francisco, California for his logo named “Space Life.”
Matteo Lopez’s answer to the question “what I’d like to do someday?” was “become an astronaut and explore space life.” Here is a picture of how he illustrated that in a Google Doodle:
He won a $15,000 college scholarship, a netbook computer and a $25,000 technology grant for his school, Monte Verde Elementary School. Plus his doodle will also be featured on the U.S. Google.com homepage tomorrow, May 20, 2011.
In addition, the three national finalists, each of which will receive a $5,000 college scholarship include:
Grades 4-6: Joseph Eugene Miller, Grade 4, Andersen Elementary School, Wilmington, N.C., for his doodle entitled “My galaxy.”
Grades 7-9: Justas Varpucanskis, Grade 7, Mokena Junior High School, Mokena, Ill., for his doodle entitled “The Majestic Sea.”
Grades 10-12: Hannah Newsom, Grade 11, Glenwood Homeschool, Fayetteville, Ark., for her doodle entitled “Illustration.”
- Now Vote For The “Doodle 4 Google” 2011 Contest
- Google’s Fourth Doodle 4 Google Competition Announced
- Vote On The Third Annual Doodle 4 Google
- Doodle 4 Google Winner Announced: Melton’s Rainforest Habitat
- Third Annual Doodle 4 Google Contest
- Google Announces Doodle 4 Google Winners
- Google Launches Second Doodle 4 Google Competition
- Cast Your Vote For Doodle 4 Google Contestants
- Google Opens “Doodle 4 Google” Competition For School Kids
- Vote For Second Annual Google 4 Doodle Competition
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.